Meets stringent utility standards for street and highway lighting
- Meets stringent utility standards for street
and highway lighting, complies with ANSI C136.10 and EEI NEMA standards,
delayed response prevents false switching due to light from vehicles or
CATALOG NO: 5500* (SHORTING CAP), UPC CODE: 61130
- Street, Highway and other luminaries equipped with locking type
receptacles. 5000M where most stringent surge protection is needed.
- Meets stringent utility standards for street and highway lighting
- Complies with ANSI C136.10 and EEI NEMA standards.
- Delayed response prevents false switching due to light from vehicles and
- MOUNTING: Units and locking-type prongs meet requirements of ANSI
- PHOTOCELL: Cadmium Sulphide, epoxy coated.
- ENCLOSURE: Polypropylene, UV Stabilized, permanent color with UV
resistant clear acrylic window. Provides high impact, flammability resistance
and electrically safe operation.
- COLOR CODED DOMES: Meet ANSI designations as follows:
- RELAY: Bi-metal provides positive snap action switching, reducing
bounce and prolonging contact life.
- LOCKING PRONGS: Solid brass for maximum corrosion resistance and
- SURGE ARRESTOR: M SERIES: 255 joule MOV (metal oxide varistor)
exceeds ANSI and NEMA requirements.
- TURN-ON/TURN OFF: Turn-ON is 1 to 3 fc. Turn-OFF to Turn-ON ratio
is 5 max.
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -40° to + 140°F (-40° to + 60°C)
* Provides a convenient and economical method of closing the primary circuit
with a NEMA locking-type receptacle. Durable materials and gasket provide both
long life and materials and gasket provide both long life and weatherproof
For use with all voltages.